Friday 29 January 2010

Take Two

Im back again and with it so new music suggestions..well im not suggesting these musicians are new, but definitely worth a look and a listen. I have been going through a electro phrase again,l aying for the dubstep for a while and returning to more synthetic pop styles. At heart I am a child of the 80's and I have a deep seated love for synths, drum machines and a good pop song. I know, its horrible..if dont badly! But here is a list of good artists and some good songs to go check out:

The Knife : Heartbeats (Original song, sorry Jose!)
FrankMusik : Done Done
Mr Hudson: White Lies
I Am X (feat Imogen Heap) : My Secret Friend
Little Boots : Mathematics
Boom Boom Satellites : Next Morning
Kissy Sell out : Garden Friends

Check them out, you might like them, you might not. The more straight forward pop electro is difficult to get into, I feel, becuase of the label of "POP" but there are some amazing artists out there doing some amazing things. I fortunately have not had the time to go hunting around regularly for new amazing music of late. I have to my horror gone back to the musical presses, which in their own right offer some good music, but often lead people to music that is a little basic or is plain dull...(Im looking at you NME) Music should be an enriching experience, it should lift you up or even crush you, chill out or fuck up, the thought should be...hm Portishead or Anthrax. The plethora of music that exists is too much, but there is always good, even in the bad. A wide range of music means that a lot of people are being creative, breeding a level of happiness and contentment among everyone. I dont know anyone who does not enjoy watching bands, being engaged in a gig, dancing! Hell the the way I see it even if you love Casacade, a band I abhorr, if it makes you happy then great! Music is escapism, but it also carries alot of emotion for people, its a carrier and a source. I feel a rant coming on, but I shall stop now and structure it for later, but havew a great day music lovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers